Wednesday, October 14, 2015

O Canada

Ok, it’s getting to the point in the tour where I don’t have much time for blogging, so these are going to be kind of erratic and my thought process is going to jump all over the place.

On our day off in Battle Creek we ended up shopping at Meijer until reeeeeally late at night, so we drove the bus across the street to the Walmart parking lot and stayed the night in Battle Creek. After sleeping in really late again, Jr and I walked over to Starbucks and did some interwebbing. We didn’t do much else that day besides finding a decently rated sushi place (apparently Battle Creek has one!), where we forced Riggs to try sushi. Not wanting to spend the night in Detroit, we found a truck stop just outside on Battle Creek where we parked for the night, watched some Louie C.K. and went to bed.

Next show was in Detroit, MI! Cool thing about Michigan shows is people name cities they drove from and I’ve actually heard of them/know where they are! Super awesome fan Joel ended up coming to this show instead of South Bend where we usually get to hang out with him. This one worked out because it’s close to where his daughter lives, and she finally got to see OED. Joel always takes care of us and brings us water. He even brought presents this time :) He made me a really cool dog tag but I stupidly haven't taken a picture of it yet.






Got to see lots of other familiar faces like Mynka and Dan and lots of other people I’m sure I’m forgetting.

After the show we stopped for a hot meal then headed out to Cleveland!!!!!!

Cleveland is always awesome because we have so many super fans that come out. Mike was there, and clearly has been reading my blog (Hi Mike!) because he showed up with my C-Boost juice! Dan somehow managed to find me a Snork t-shirt. Stupidly haven't gotten a picture of me wearing that yet either.

Adorable Special Helpers

Dancing with the special helpers

Also met a couple of new fans, Tony and Albert. Albert used to live in the city outside of LA that I currently live in while not on tour. Small world…

After Cleveland, we had to try to get into Canada. We had all of the bands meet up in Buffalo and try to get across together. We had a bit of a drive, so we got a few hours of sleep and then had to be woken up >:( That was NOT fun… We weren’t sure if some people were going to be able to get through, or if they were going to let our merch through without taxing it. But, after going inside, running all of our passports, and talking to one of our crew for a while, all bands, gear, and merch made it into Canada!

The first place we played was Rock Pile in Toronto, where I met another cool Tony who worked at the venue. They were so nice there. Canadians definitely fit the stereotypes about them. After my morning coffee ran out, Tony not only got me more, but made a fresh pot so I wouldn’t get the burnt bottom of the pot. Everyone there liked us all so much they didn't want us to leave. 

Apparently Kim shoots rays of awesomeness out of her guitar

Next we were off to Ottawa. For never having played in Canada before, both Toronto and Ottawa had great turn outs! The fans were enthusiastic and many sang along! After the show, Jr and Kim went down the road to a Poutine restaurant and brought us all back a smorgasbord of real Canadian poutine to try. 



After that, we were headed back to the US of A :( I wish we had a day or 2 off in Canada to hang out and see things. Border crossing back into the US was a little easier, but the border patrol sure isn’t friendly…

First show back was Clifton Park, NY. I’ve never been there before, but there was a good turn out and some familiar faces. Scott showed up with an awesome fruit and cheese platter and roses again :)

Stewart's awesome costume
I have a video of Decker's drum solo from Clifton Park, but I don't have time to upload it right now :( It's on Facebook if you want to check it out.

On our way out of town we stopped at a truck stop. I was already in my awesome Melting Neon Radioactive Pizza Pajamas, which the State Trooper inside complimented me on :)

Next stop was Webster Hall in NYC! I hadn’t been here since the Otep tour back in 2013! There was a cool looking Goth shop and Costume shop across the street from where we parked, but we didn’t have time to check them out :( Not only was this show awesome, but John Moyer happened to be in town so he played bass on Black in the Rye again.

Helpers
John Moyer
More John Moyer
After the show, John was back at our table doing the meet and greet with Kim. He was standing behind the table (which was set up in a VERY small area) and made it hard to do my job, but how do you tell a Rock Star to move?  After the show they all went out for pizza with John, but apparently I'm too good to hang out with Rock Stars because I really just felt like sitting on the bus and doing my nightly merch numbers. :P

Next, we had a day off in NYC!!!

Random sculpture. Erik for scale.
Random Sculpture. Riggs for scale.
Ferry




Riggs and Erik...


Random cemetery we walked past
South Memorial Pool
One World Trade Center Tower
North Memorial Pool.
Some of the names.
Beams from one of the towers



Erik getting his head licked by a unicorn.
The unicorn likes Jeff too.


No comments:

Post a Comment