Saturday, July 23, 2016

Summer 2016

The Summer 2016 mini tour has officially begun! Before meeting up with the band, I flew out to Michigan to visit family. My older sister and her husband drove in from Virginia where they live, and my Uncle drove in from Minnesota. It was really nice to see everyone. I won’t get into all of the craziness of flying there and trying to fly to the band. I’ll just summarize by saying there were LOTS of delays, a missed connection, rebooking, flying into another city, a 2 hours car ride, and about a 12 hour period where I had no idea where my checked bag ended up. But I made it, my bag made it, and we left for tour without any major problems.

Cali's coastline

Mountains in the ocean

Hello Mid-West

Bye Felicia, er, Chicago!
This tour we have Mike and Jeff again, but Ben unfortunately couldn’t make it. But those of you who make it to one of the shows will get to meet Junior’s long time friend Jordan, who’s guitar tech-ing for us these 2 weeks. They were in several bands together over the years, starting way back when they were 15!

As I mentioned, no major disasters leaving. We left early Friday morning (before bedtime). We made it to Salt Lake City for a late dinner and Junior found a Chinese restaurant he wanted to eat at for his birthday. The same complex had a Chinese market where we stocked up on some goodies.

We made it to Denver Saturday morning. Junior worked out an early load in time for us since it was the first day and there would be a lot of things to work out. So the crew was all up and ready to go by 11. Unfortunately there was a miscommunication somewhere and no one was there to let us in until 1. That gave us a chance to fully wake up, get some food, the boys wandered around a bit. Despite not loading in as early as we would have liked to, we got everything set up in a relatively short period of time and started soundcheck early. We even had some time to relax after soundcheck and before VIP, which rarely ever happens.

Over all, for being the first show, Denver was AWESOME! Sadly, the rest of the shows this tour have a lot to live up to. The venue we played at this time, the Bluebird was super nice. The sound system was great, and the staff treated us so well. The owner(?) loved us, the show, and the fans! He was amazed at how well behaved you all were :)

The 2 openers were both bands that have played with us before. Dr. Death + Mr. Vile and Glass Delirium. Great getting to hear them again!

Glass Delirium
A fan who had the whole crew sign his arm a previous tour now has our signatures tattooed on him!!!!!! That’s right, my autograph (it’s legit, I checked for the smiley face) is now a permanent part of someone’s body! Holy crap! I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I can’t remember his name! I was so awestruck and flattered that I didn’t ask :( If you’re reading this, please remind me what your name is so I can properly thank you. Also, you still have time to change your mind about the other thing we talked about. While I would be SUPER honor to be featured on your arm next to Kimberly, keep in mind that when ever someone asks you about it, you’ll have to explain to them that it’s the weird merch girl from a band you like :P


Anyways, great first show and the summer mini tour is off to a great start!


No comments:

Post a Comment