Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The "...And Bloodshed For All" Tour has begun!

Fall 2016 Tour with Wednesday 13 is off to a fun start! These first few weeks we have our old tour buddies Open Your Eyes on tour with us. It’s really great having them back again! Crew is a bit different this time. I’m still here (obviously) and we have Ben back! Jeff couldn’t get time off for this one, so we have Junior’s musician friend John driving. Mike also couldn’t make this tour, so we’re borrowing Open Your Eyes’ sound guy Joe for the lights. He’s also doing lights for Wednesday 13, so he’s working triple hard!

First show was in Spokane, WA. I was setting up when the girl with the wrist bands came over and asked if I was over 21. I told her yes, then asked if she needed ID and had a wrist preference (while holding up my wrists). Apparently she wasn’t listening because she put X’s on both my hands. No big deal, I usually don’t drink while I’m working, and especially wasn’t going to that night since it was the first night. Kim also got X’s because she didn’t want to bother getting her ID and she doesn’t drink anyway. There were a few people there who actually thought we were only like 20… I get told a lot that I don’t look my age (thank you!), but I honestly don’t think I could pass for that young. However, at a later show some drunk guy thought I was only 20. He found out my real age, then wouldn’t stop trying to buy me a drink at the end of the night. I finally had to get Jason to step in and tell him I was working and couldn’t drink. Now I’m debating just getting X’s every night to keep creepers away…

Enough with the negative, on to the positive! A super awesome fan, who goes by Deschamp opened the show for us. He was super entertaining and I can’t wait until I get home and can put his CD on my computer/iPod (I didn’t bring my external hard drive). I hope we come back to Spokane again and he can open for us again!

Mr. and Mrs. Deschamps were special helpers for Be My Friend!
Next we were off to Seattle! This was the first show I could really see W13’s set. In Spokane my merch was set up more in a side room, plus I spent a lot of time talking to new fans. I had trouble sleeping that night because it was the night I realized what an awesome tour this was going to be, and was way too excited. There was also another first for me that night. Kim was doing meet and greet after their set and I was helping people pick out CDs, etc. I looked over, and there was a girl bent over, skirt lifted, and Kim was signing one of her butt cheeks. This may not have been the first time Kim has done that, but it was the first time I was it happen.

One-Eyed Doll!
Some photos of Wednesday 13:




Afterwards, it was on to Missoula, MT. As almost always, they played “Be My Friend.” And as they did last Fall Tour, she had the audience yell “Trick-or-Treat.” She unplanned called me on stage last minute to throw candy out to the audience. It was fun though :) 

Had yet another first this night too. End of the night, I was all packed up and about to go to the bus to do merch numbers, when the male bartender came over and asked for a female’s help… There was a drunk girl passed out in one of the bathroom stalls. I managed to wake her up and get her out. She said she was fine and had a ride, which I really hope she did because she was in no condition to drive home :(

Helpers for "You're a Vampire"


The last show before our first day off was in Idaho Falls, ID. I’d never been here before, and was really surprised by the punk/rock/goth scene they had going on. There had been people dressed up here and there at other shows, but for what seemed like a small town, there were a LOT of people fully decked out, lots of mohawks, etc. Go Idaho! There was also a strangely large number of young children there compared to most shows. Definitely made some adorable new fans :) I was also excited because merch was a all in a line so I could hang out with my friends from OYE and finally get to chat/dance with W13’s merch girl Lerin (She's in a band too, you should all go check out Repulsur!)

Finally got some photos of Open Your Eyes!




Special helpers!


W13 is a very all ages, family friendly, show! (That's sarcasm)



No comments:

Post a Comment