Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas at the Americana

Boog was a homeless dog rescued by someone Mary knew, and I'm starting to think that he was raised by cats in his early years.  Sometimes while sitting with you he'll sit there and lick your hand, like a cat. Recently he's been really into curling up next to me, he has to be touching me somehow.  And the past couple of days I swear he tries to sit on my lap every time I try to use my laptop.  He's also really good at portioning his food, especially for a dog that was once homeless.  You fill up his bowl whenever it's empty and he'll slowly eat it over the course of the day, rather than gobbling it down as soon as he gets it like some dogs. Here's Boog in his new sweater Mary bought him :)

Looking Snazzy!

Today I walked down to the Galleria and Americana to do some Christmas shopping.  On the way there and back there was an older man playing guitar and signing, with full amp and microphone.  Coming back there was a guy playing either a brass clarinet or soprano saxophone.  Inside the Americana there were 4 bell players.  While wandering around later I saw them in a few different spots singing Christmas Carols.  They also had a stage set up and a free outdoor concert going on.  Something about Radio Disney and the next big star or something.  Whatever it was, there were lots of screaming tweens/teenagers around.  Because of that they weren't doing the snow thing, so I wasn't able to get a picture yet :(

While I was there Corey went on his lunch break, so I hung out with him while he ate.  He also discovered that Rite-Aid sells scooped ice cream.  What?  Yeah!  Apparently Rite-Aids in California sell Thrifty Ice Cream.  Corey and I each got a single scoop sugar cone for $1.69

Walking home I passed a store having some sort of red carpet event.  I couldn't figure out what the store was, (side note, I'm now typing this with Boog sitting on my arm and the front part of my laptop.  He somehow wiggled his way under my arm and into my lap) but I had to walk through the parking spaces along the street because they were taking up the whole sidewalk.  There were girls all dressed up getting their picture take in front of a backdrop, and tons of camera men. 

Sometime I'm going to have to go around taking pictures of the city I live in and all of the cool places here.

Friday night about 10pm my phone started ringing.  Because it was so late, I figured it was Grant calling to see if Corey and I wanted to hang out.  I was surprised when I ran upstairs to grab my phone and Target was on the ID.  They wanted to know if I wanted to pick up a couple of shifts next week :D  My third week and I'm already getting extra shifts.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment