Friday, December 7, 2012

Why my job and roomates are awesome.

I didn't manage to get a picture of the snow because I picked up a few extra hours at work. I took something to Corey at work today though and got this picture of the giant tree in the Americana:


I took a picture of the snow that one night with my phone, but I can't figure out how to get the pictures off of my phone :(

My manager also gave me 2 free bottles of tea the other night to try so I can explain what they taste like to guests.  Cool perks from my roommates' jobs:

Free clothes from Mary who works in the fashion industry:



Cheap Playstation and controller that the Sony store was raffling off and Corey won:


They're also fixing his old PS3 for free.  And Dee got a second job at a Thai restaurant.  She thinks she might be able to get free Thai food :) 

I forgot to mention before, but we had our first visitor from Michigan.  He was actually here just to see us though.  An actor friend from MI flew into and out of Burbank to visit his son stationed up in Monterey for Thanksgiving.  He stopped by the night he flew in and stayed here a couple of nights before he flew back.  It was nice to see a familiar face :)

Also, I think I mentioned our friend Grant got his own place.  It's technically in a different city, but it's right on the border of the city I live in, and only like 10 minutes away driving.  He has a friend driving out from MI to live with him.  He moved in just before a couple of Mary's friends from the Thanksgiving party were moving in together.  So Grant got some free furniture and stuff from them.  It's cool how things like that work out :)

I've also been baking!!!!

Ciabatta Bread

Cornbread Muffins

Tuscan Bread

Various cooking levels of chocolate chip deliciousness

Ahh!  My spatula couldn't handle it all and broke :(

No comments:

Post a Comment