Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!!!

Just in case I don't post again for a long time, Merry Christmas!!!!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been so busy.  We're crazy busy at work and my days off have been packed.  Let's see if I can remember everything that's happened since I last posted...

Mary's friends Nick and Afton played a show at a wine bar in town.  Nick plays the vibraphone (and occasionally piano) and Afton sings.  It was really cool.


Dee had her birthday.  Her birthday is the 20th, but since everyone was leaving for Christmas, and it was a Thursday, she celebrated on the 15th.  We got all dressed up and ready to go out, but since I had to work in the morning and Corey had just gotten home from work, him, Grant and I drove separately.  Long story short we didn't end up meeting up with them :(  But it sounds like they had a lot of fun, and we offered to go out with Dee on her actual birthday since we'd be around, and both Corey and I had Friday off.  I also made some awesome Carrot Cake Cupcakes because Dee really likes Carrot Cake!


Thursday we ended up just staying at home for her birthday because she had to work Friday and everyone wanted to save money.  I think she was a little upset at first because a lot of her friends weren't able to make it, but she ended up having a lot of fun.

The 21st, the day after Dee's birthday, the world was supposedly going to end, so at about 2am we climbed up onto the roof just for fun.  It was cold, but over all a really nice night out :)

Angelo (Mary's boyfriend) and Dee
Me and Dee
L to R:  Me, Dee, Marcos, Mary and Angelo (taken by Corey with a cell phone)
Grant's roommate, Adam, also made it out here from Michigan.  He'll be coming to our Christmas get together.  I baked awesome cookies for people to decorate.  Cookie cutters from the awesome ikea.

Now I want to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle...
Mary wanted to get a real tree this year, but then she had her unexpected trip to China, and about a week later left for Minnesota.  So we never ended up getting a tree.  I think I improvised pretty well though:


I've gotten lots of cards and presents in the mail.  Thank you all!  I really wanted to send out cards since I wouldn't be home this year, but just ran out of time :(  My Uncle Pete and I wanted to get together at some point, but we're both so busy that it's not going to end up happening.  However, he did stop by and drop off some brownies this morning as I was sitting here typing this!  I had one with my egg sandwich I was eating for brunch, and they're good :) 

Boog's also getting into the Christmas spirit with the new sweater Mary put on him before she left:

Dee keeps calling him a watermelon
I have been taking some time as I walk around town to take pictures and videos of some of the cool places and Christmas decorations in.  Is there anything you want to see?  There's a comment section at the bottom and I believe you don't have to sign up to use it.  So just let me know and I'll see if I can get a picture!

And once again,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment