Sunday, February 17, 2013

Food

I don't eat out much, but this blog is all about FOOD!

There's a place down the road, and I think a location in Hollywood, called Vegas Seafood Buffet.   A bunch of us had been wanting to go for a long time.  I looked them up on online, and they had at least some stuff I could eat.  One Thursday Dee, Corey and I all happened to have the day off.  We also found a coupon online for 15% off, so we went.  There ended up being a ton I could eat, and we all left overly stuffed.

Veggie Tempura, veggie rice, veggie sushi, fried zucchini

Salad, fruit, banana dipped in the chocolate fountian

Lemony Snicket, I mean, Corey all silhouetted

Dee's excited about her food!

Corey's sushi and chocolate dipped stuff

Desserts!

Dee is stuffed
Also, there's a burger chain out here called In-N-Out.  Corey's obsessed with it, and I'd hear all about it even before moving out here. I've tried asking him what's so great about it.  They cut their fries there and cook them to order.  All of the ingredients are fresh, everything is made to order, and everything pretty much comes "as is" with the exception of onion.  They usually ask you if you want it with or without.  It's fairly cheap as well.  Plus, it's a super simple menu.  There are only 3 burgers listed, 1 size fry, etc.  There is a bit of a "secret menu."  You can get a burger or fries "animal style" which comes with grilled onions and a sauce similar to Thousand Island or the Big Mac sauce.  Corey also learned from his co-worker who is a pescatarian (vegetarian but eats fish/seafood) that they can make a veggie or grilled cheese.

One Sunday night I was getting out of work sometime after 10.  In-N-Out is open until 1am.  I was hungry, didn't want to have to go home and fix anything, so I stopped by to give it a shot.  I ordered the veggie (animal style of course) because when I hear "grilled cheese" I think just cheese grilled on a bun.  He rang it up, then asked if I wanted cheese on it.  I said "sure" and he voided that, and rang up a grilled cheese.  Apparently grilled cheese there comes with all the fixings; lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.  I ate my fries on the walk home because it was cold and they were warm, I was hungry, and fries are always better fresh.  I'm still not super impressed with the fries.  They're not bad or anything, they're just not amazing.  It was cool though seeing the guy stick a potato through the thing to cut it and watching as he cut and cooked each order.  It's not like they prep a bunch ahead of time, they do each order as it's ordered.  It can take a while to get your order, but at least it hasn't been sitting there under a heat lamp for hours.  When I got home I ate my grilled cheese.  OH MY GOSH!  Now I understand why Corey loves it so much.  I don't know what it was, but it was SOOOOOOOOOO good.  Now I have to make sure to cross the street early on my walk home so I'm not tempted by it.

You may also remember me mentioning LA Dogs in at least one other post (for sure the  Space Shuttle blog).  Well, a brand that makes veggie products was on sale one week, so I broke down and bought vegetarian hot dogs and bacon so I could try a veggie LA Dog. 

"Bacon" wrapped "Hot Dog" frying and peppers and onion sauteing
Missing the grilled jalapeno on top, and bread instead of a bun
Over all it was pretty good.  But veggie bacon is pretty much nothing like real bacon, and it wasn't so amazing that I'd be making them on a regular basis or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment