Tuesday, February 19, 2013

On the Road Again

I've already called my parents and made an announcement on Facebook, so now it's time to tell those of you that don't know yet. 

I've mentioned a few times before the band One-Eyed Doll from Texas that I befriended while living in Michigan.  I went to PA to help them shoot a music video, and saw them play at the famous Whisky A Go-Go 2 days after I moved to CA.  They knew I wasn't getting many hours at work and was looking for a new/second job.  Well, they called me up the other day.  They're going to pay me to go on tour with them and work their merchandise table!  It'll be more then I'm making right now and it's only for about a month and a half.  I've already talked to my manager and she's ok with me coming back to work when I get back.  I'm just waiting to get a hold of someone from HR so it can be official put into the system and everything so I get put back on the schedule when I'm back. 

Kimberly, Corey, Me, Jason, Mr. Swimmy Socks - Grand Rapids, December 2011
Jason sent me this link to what will be my home for over a month.  It's the black Mercedes on the right. It looks nicer and roomier than their old touring van.  I believe there are power outlets and wifi, so I can take my laptop along.  I'm also hoping to update this blog as much as possible during that time, since I'm sure it's going to be a crazy adventure.

When I was telling Dee about it, she jokingly asked about living the sex, drug, rock & roll, partying lifestyle.  For friends and family who have never met Kimberly and Jason before, that could be an actual concern.  They're really nice, "normal", down to earth people.  When I've hung out with them during free time on tours, they've spent the time getting food, hanging out with fans, mailing out orders to fans, catching up on e-mails, doing laundry, etc.  There are shows most night and therefore no time to do anything crazy (which I don't think they would even if they had time).  Especially since they're the ones driving from show to show.  They don't have a huge motor home with I hired chauffeur to get them to the next city, they do it all themselves.  I think it's going to be an awesome experience, and I'm really excited to see cities I've never seen before and met all sorts of new people.  Not to mention getting to hang out with my favorite people for a month and a half and go to concerts almost every night.

Jeff, Corey, Me, Kimberly - Chicago, 2012
So, if you want to know where I am during the months of March and April, you can follow the tour schedule here.  And be sure to check back here often because I'll hopefully be updating a lot from the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment