Friday, June 17, 2016

Kim kicked a drunk guy and I hung out in NYC by myself

Let's start with tour pictures this time!

Open Your Eyes, Indianapolis, IN
Open Your Eyes, Indianapolis, IN

Riggs! :D  Indianapolis, IN

I think Riggs and Kim are both sticking their tongues out,  Indianapolis, IN

A fan playing the leg guitar on Be My Friend,  Indianapolis, IN

Eyes Set to Kill,  Indianapolis, IN

Eyes Set to Kill,  Indianapolis, IN
You've already seen the pictures from Jacksonville, NC, how about a story from the show? This will answer the question of what happened at the end of OED's set for people who were there.

As many of you know, Kim sometimes comes out into the audience during the end of the last song and plays in the crowd while thrashing around. Kim is also, sadly, used to being harassed by guys in the audience. At this particular show, Kim was backing up and trying to get the audience to clear a path so she could run and jump back on stage, when a drunk guy came up behind her, reached around, and put one hand of each of Kim's breasts. Out of reflex, Kim shoved her guitar back into him, then turned around and kicked him square in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. At this point Kim's at the end of her guitar cable. She has a second to decide if she continues with the show, or sets her guitar down and goes after him. She ended up finishing the show, but security was on the guy immediately.

It's really unfortunate that things like this happens, and Kim would rather not have to resort to violence. But she also wants her young female fans to know that they need to stand up for themselves and that they shouldn't let people treat them like that.

Ben working VERY hard side stage, St. Louis, MO

St. Louis, MO

Is Junior looking at me? St. Louis, MO

Hard to see little helper, and mom, St. Louis, MO

There she is!

St. Louis, MO
I also posted a picture from the NYC car wash last blog. Last tour we had 2 days off to play in NYC, but this time there was only 1. Kim and Junior had a promo thing at Korg, so we parked at the usual place, and they rented a car to take to Korg headquarters. The boys, only having 1 day off, wanted to be lame and stay at the hotel relaxing and doing laundry. Me, not wanting to waste a chance to hang out in NYC, decided to head out alone. I've gone into the city from this location twice, but I had at least Potato Erik with me the past 2 times. The boys told me to call/text if anything happened (which is really not helpful if I get mugged and have my phone stolen). Refusing to live my life in fear, I bundled up, and walked to the bus stop in the cold, drizzly weather. Took a bus into the city, then the subway to lower Manhattan where there's a store called Gothic Renaissance Kim and I had been wanting to check out. The place had some cool things, but the people working weren't very friendly towards me. I won't get into all of that though. I bought a couple of things, then went and checked out the year round halloween/costume store next door. It's your typical decoration and costume store, but it's HUGE! I actually ended up getting way more stuff there, and the people actually acknowledged my existence! I ended up having 2 separate conversations about Dr. Who with the older lady working downstairs.

Afterwards I stopped into a Starbucks to warm up and caffeinate. I think it was while I was there that Kim texted to ask what we were up to. I think they were done with their business stuff at Korg and were just kind of hanging out. I also think that as soon as Junior found out I was alone in NYC he may have freaked out a little bit, and they headed into the city to meet up with me. I wanted to get another Times Square selfie (this time sadly without Potato) so we agreed to meet around there. They found me, and we headed down to Chinatown for some dinner. Before eating, Kim wanted to check out some shops before they closed.  We did a little shopping, got some cool gifts, then had dinner at a really yummy Chinese restaurant. Even though we were stuffed, we then popped over to this little dessert place we'd gone to on the Witches tour.

Afterwards, Kim asked if there was anything else I wanted to do in NYC. The only thing I hadn't accomplished was stopping into the cool little craft beer place Potato and I had discovered our first time in NYC. Even though Kim doesn't drink, she thought we should go so I could cross that one last thing off my do-to list. So we hung out there for a bit. Junior tried a sour for the first time, I had a coffee milk stout, and Kim enjoyed a non-alcoholic ginger beer. It was a fun day over all. The boys really missed out.

Witches Tour Spring 2015

Halloween Tour Fall 2015

Visions Tour Spring 2016

1 comment: