Thursday, June 16, 2016

More of Spring 2016 and trivia.

I never got a chance to finish last tour's blog, so I'm going to try to do little blogs that are a bit different. Ben also requested more Snork trivia, so let's start with that...

In addition to One-Eyed Doll, I'm also a fan of the Dresden Dolls and Amanda Palmer.  I managed to see them live once before they first broke up. They came to Grand Rapids, MI with "Panic! At the Disco." I had never heard of PATD before, and wasn't really into the music I found online, so I went, saw the Dresden Dolls, waited around in the hallway after their set, bought some merch, got some stuff sign, took a picture of them (OF them, not WITH them, because I was all nervous and star struck), then left. That was back in 2006. In 2010 the announced a reunion tour. The first show kicked off in NYC on Halloween, which was also their 10th "Bandiversary." I managed to get tickets! I spent my birthday in the car driving 13+ hours from Grand Rapids, MI to Newark, NJ. The next day my boyfriend at the time and I took a bus/subway into the city, saw The Addams Family on Broadway (on Halloween!), and went to the show that night. We got to the venue an hour or so early to scope it out, and there were already a few dozen people in line, so we got in line. We were a few rows of standing people back from the stage in a packed room. And it... was... AMAZING!!!! They played TWO encores! I actually almost passed out from the heat/standing at the very end and had to be walked out into the hallway where security got me a water bottle. But it was totally worth it. We got out so late we missed the last subway back, and had to camp out in the subway station from like 4am-6am (which my ex was not happy about). Again. Totally worth it. I also saw them a few weeks later in Chicago.

Fast forward to this Spring. We're at a venue just outside of Chicago. I'm talking to awesome fan Yacob the Swedish Ref. We somehow got talking about The Dresden Dolls. I was telling him about NYC and mentioned I also saw them in Chicago.

Wait, you saw them in Chicago? So did I! With Mucca Pazza?
Yeah, and Amanda went up into the balcony and sang Mein Herr?
Yeah!!!! Oh my gosh!!! I was there too!!!!


So, 6 years ago, the year before I even had a chance to see One-Eyed Doll live, I was at the same concert as another Doll Head. Small world!

Now, random pictures!!!


 Jacksonville, NC
Jacksonville, NC
Driving the rental car through a carwash in NYC
Open Your Eyes, Allentown, PA
Allentown, PA
Allentown, PA
Eyes Set to Kill, Allentown, PA
Kim with the members of Candy Brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment