Thursday, June 23, 2016

Being harassed isn't fun and Alexia lost her voice


Eyes Set to Kill, Fort Worth, TX

Junior & Kim discussing how cool it'd be to play an outdoor theater

After the Austin show, the other bands had a few days off, but One-Eyed Doll had a meet & greet in San Antonio. It was a misty day, but we spent some time in SA sight seeing and having mini photoshoots. One night Kim, Junior and I went out and got foot/back massages. They used hot stones towards the end, and now every time my back is sore from work I crave a hot stone massage. (There's actually a place in my area that does them, but it costs around $100.)

This was all taking place during the Houston flooding. There was supposed to be Houston show, but it was cancelled out of respect to those that live there and for the safety of the fans. From what I can tell, our usuals from Houston are safe and sound :) So we headed onward to Corpus Christi. Junior found a little RV park right on the beach.

The Pier

The beach

The shore from on the Pier

Kim thought my profile looked cool against this lighting
Another random story from tour. One day Kim and I were explaining to Mike all of the things girls have to deal with because we're girls. Example: We were stopped at a truck stop. Junior was getting food and Kim went to find something in a cooler to drink. A trucker came over to help Kim pick out something to drink. After that, we had to use the buddy system to go to the bathroom because it was on the other side of the truck stop. Or when men "help" girls through doors by putting their hand on their lower back. A question for all the men reading this, has another man ever ushered you through a door by placing his hand on your lower back and pushing you through? I didn't think so. Or the guy at one of the shows who kept harassing all of us at merch. But me, being the only girl working merch, was the only one he felt he needed to put his arm around whenever he tried talking to me (I ended up going and standing next to Mike while he ran lights during OED's set because he wouldn't stop trying to put his arm around his waist.) Another thing we were explaining to Mike is how women are constantly being told by men to smile. Well on this day in particular Junior bought us all Chinese food. My fortune cookie said "A smile increased your face value" LOL. Seriously? Now even fortune cookies are telling me to smile. THEN! Later at the show, I was sitting on one of the merch bins resting my feet and bopping back and forth to the music when a guy leaned over the table and told me to smile.  BAH! It was weird but funny that all of that happened to take place the same day.

(The following photos are from Lubbock, TX. I didn't get any photos of Open Your Eyes because I was on the bus saving my voice/lungs because the door lady was smoking)

Lubbock, TX

Kim stealing souls

Riggs!

Two little helpers for Be My Friend

Eyes Set to Kill
I feel like this blog is getting kinda negative, so here's a cool picture Kim took of me in the green room in Albuquerque, NM.


How about some more photos from the really awesome all ages venue in Albuquerque?

I'm pretty sure that crazy blur in the center is Justin's dreads flying back!

Open Your Eyes

Back Bend

Flailing around



Kim on a drumset

*insert Kim scream here*

Riggs looking like a rockstar and the girls on the right are having the time of their lives


AJ, the touring guitarist for Eyes Set to Kill had a few gigs with his own band, so Ryan from Open Your Eyes stepped in. This was his first night :)




Unfortunately, Alexia was having a lot of voice problems by this time, and Eyes Set to Kill had to cut their set short because it was so bad that night. They ended up not even making it to their home town show in Phoenix the next day :(  Luckily, she got it checked out, took a few days to rest, and they were back with us in California.

2 comments: