Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday

Black Friday wasn't really that bad.  I didn't go in until 11, and by then most of the crazy shoppers and huge crowds were gone.  We were still a bit busier than usual.

At first all of the registers were full so they had me help directing customers to open lanes.  Then I ran register for the rest of my shift.  It wasn't too bad, and went by pretty fast.  Everyone thinks I'm doing really well for being so new.  Hopefully they don't try to keep me on register.  I guess if they hire me on as a cashier after the holiday season, it'd be better than having to find a new job.

The most obnoxious thing about Black Friday was the food in the break room.  They always have peanut butter and jelly and various other things for free in the break room.  And being Thanksgiving/Black Friday, they had people catering throughout the day.  When I got up in the morning I was still super full from the night before, but I managed a cup of coffee and some applesauce because I knew it was going to be a long day.  When I went on break, they had people making tacos!  Nothing vegetarian though.  I asked if I could just get a tortilla to put vegetables and cheese on, but she must not have understood me because she said since it was after 2 they were done for the day (when I left for the day, all the extra stuff was just sitting out on the table, but of course by then, there was no cheese/veggies left...).  I figured I should eat something, so I went to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  No bread...  After I punched out for the day, they were bringing in Italian food!  But, of course, all 4 giant pans of pasta had meat in them.  Luckily there was some salad and bread, so I had a little to eat before walking home.

I also don't have my schedule for next week yet.  They don't have the new people's done yet.  They told us someone would call, and if we don't hear from them, call in Monday and check.  It's really hard to plan my week when I have no idea when I'm working and don't even know when I'll be getting my schedule.  *sigh*  Hopefully once I'm fully in the system things will be less disorganized.

Also, I can't remember if I mentioned it already or not, (I know I've said we're the biggest/busiest store in the country) but my store alone was predicted to do 1.5 million on Black Friday!  I don't know if we reached our goal but I'm sure there will be something posted in the break room about it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment