Wednesday, November 28, 2012

COFFEE!!!!

When I left work Friday last week they didn't have my schedule done yet.  They told me and another new guy that someone will call us, and if we haven't heard from by Monday, to call and check.  Hadn't heard from them by the end of the day Monday, and since I was busy with other stuff, I didn't call them until Tuesday.  The first time I called, it just rang and rang and rang.  So I went and ate and showered.  Tried again.  Rang and rang and rang and then hung up on me.  Tried a couple of hours later, and finally got through to someone this time, miraculously on the first ring.  I explained why I was calling, and they put me on hold for forever.  Then someone else came on the line, and I told them why I was calling.  She was like "Oh, yeah, someone should have called you.  Uh...  can you work tomorrow?"

So I worked 9-5:30 today, I work 7-3:30 tomorrow, and 2-10:30 Friday and Saturday.  I think they're trying to squeeze in all of my Starbucks training as quickly as possible.

I actually spent the first 5 hours (minus my lunch) going over training stuff on the computer and taking a few quizzes over stuff I learned.  Then, I finally got to work at Starbucks!!!!!  :D  They sent me over there and of course the manager was on her lunch break.  Then her and the girl that was showing me around a bit went to do something in the back.  But I was working with 3 guys that got me started training.  They pretty much just showed me a bit, then through me into it.  At one point one of them was gone doing another task, and both of the other two still had to take breaks, so it was just me and one other person working at a few times.  I steamed milk, made drinks (only hot so far, they're waiting until I get a decent grip on those before throwing more stuff at me), and ran register a bit.  I'm slow (obviously) at making drinks, but I feel I'm worse at register because I don't know the codes on drinks yet.  I have a few popular ones down from making the drinks, but when people are placing orders I have no idea how to write some of the stuff on the cup.  Plus sometimes I forget to ask for a name, if they want whipped cream, etc.  But I think my first day went pretty well.

I also got to sample stuff!  :D  I guess sometimes when there's down time they create drinks.  Plus, when one of the guys was teaching me stuff he had me actually make drinks, and since they're were just going to be thrown away, I got to drink part of them. I'm super excited to be working in Starbucks!  I just hope I get all the drinks memorized soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment