Thursday, January 3, 2013

Work work work

Starbucks is exhausting!  But I really like it there.  I miss some of my regulars and my co-workers at my last job, but I'm getting to know not only my Starbucks co-workers, but some of the other Target employees as well.  I recognize some of the customers, but haven't really learned anyone's orders yet.  One woman who apparently has ordered her coffee from me a few times asked me if I was Armenian or Russian.  That's interesting because it's a very Armenian populated area here.

Over all things are going well, just with work tiring me out and everything going on with the holidays, it feels like I never have any free time.  However, the way my days off worked out this week and next, I have a 5 day weekend!  But there's always a chance I'll pick up extra shifts.  Target cut hours but we're still super busy so I've been picking up extra shifts.  I guess we'll see if it's still crazy in the weeks after New Years.

Even without extra shifts, I'm still being scheduled about 25 hours a week, which is do-able.  I was also given an official letter asking to stay on now that the holiday season is over.  I'm pretty sure the other seasonal guy wasn't hired on.  He's only been working about 10 hours a week lately, and usually one of those 2 days is cashiering.  Plus he already had another job so he can still work there.  Corey has also been officially told that he's being offered a non-seasonal position, he just has to fill out some new paper work.

So over all, things are going well.  Just busy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment