Monday, September 17, 2012

Driving Day 1

Rather than being stressed out, being homeless, unemployed, and moving away from friends and family to the other sided of the country has apparently made me super laid back.

The theme of last weekend was pretty much never being on time anywhere. The Friday night before we left we had an informal going away party, then Saturday through Tuesday was spent driving around the state visiting friends and family. We left late Saturday to our first destination, left late Monday for our second, and left late Tuesday to come back to Grand Rapids. But for the most part, we got everything accomplished. There were a few people I wish I could have seen in Battle Creek, and I wish I had made it into work to pick up my paycheck sooner to say a more formal good-bye, but it was nice to see everyone I did get to see. Tuesday night after we got back a friend took us out to dinner. While finishing up there another stopped by. Then we found out another was playing an open mic night, so we stopped by there where yet another friend came out to see us. At some point in the night, my traveling companion and I looked at each other and realized we weren't going to be leaving as early as we wanted to in the morning. It ended up being a LOT later than we planned after sleeping in and all of the last minute things. Plus it took FOREVER to load up our cars. But we made it out, and our cars seemed to be running fine.

My traveling companion Corey, looking a bit claustrophobic

Car #1 from the back

Car #1 from the side

Car #2 (aka the cool car) from the side

Car #2 from the front

AHH!  It's attacking me!

Ready to take over California
Something cool I saw while driving Wednesday night, it had to have been airport towers or something. Both sides of the road were filled with red lights, then they'd all suddenly disappear, then reappear. Like I said, most likely blinking tower lights, but it looked really cool. Too bad I couldn't get a video of it because it's hard to explain.  Just after that we stopped at an awesome little 50's themed diner. We unknowingly stopped right as they were closing, but they let us put in an order quick, and stayed around a bit so we could eat and just sit for a while. It had cool decor too. Sadly, no time to take pictures. I'll have to figure out what city it was in so you can all go eat there if you're ever near by.

Wednesday night we stayed at the nicest Motel 6 I've ever seen, in Springfield, IL. 

Huge and super nice looking on the outside

A bed

Towel holder/light

Crazy triangular shower

No comments:

Post a Comment