Sunday, September 30, 2012

LA Life

A high school friend of my roommate flew in from Thailand yesterday (Friday), and my roommate's birthday is today, so they invited Corey and I to go out with them and some friends last night.  We went to a place called Wurstküche in downtown LA.  It was really cool!  They serve German sausages and Belgian fries with a variety of homemade dipping sauces.  They have not one, but 3 vegetarian sausages there!  I tried the Vegetarian Italian, which had fennel, garlic, red peppers & eggplant.  You also get to pick out 2 toppings, so I tried it with caramelized onions and sauerkraut.  It was really good.  Corey and I split some fries and we tried it with Curry Ketchup and Chipotle Aioli.  We also tried some of the pesto mayo that someone else ordered.  The Curry Ketchup was good, but I wasn't as impressed with it as Corey made it seem like I should be.  I really liked the other 2 though.  Corey was also super excited that they had a whole collection of mustards on the tables.  They also serves a variety of German and Belgian beers.

It's an interesting place.  It's not really IN downtown LA, it's a couple of streets over.  It's just this little place on a corner that you might miss if you weren't looking for it, with the exception of the line of people going out the door.  Once inside there's a little area with a deli case that you can see all of the sausages in, a drink case, the register, and behind it all, you can see them grilling the sausages and frying the fries.  Since there was a line they took drink orders while you were waiting, and brought it to you to drink while you waited.  After you order, pay, and get your number, you go down a little hallway into the back room.  The back room not only has a completely different feel, but it has several different feels.  The tables are just long picnic tables put together in rows covered with brown paper.  There's another bar in back, and there's a DJ playing music.  It's dark, and it almost feels like a night club.  Except, people are sitting around eating.  It's hard to explain.  If anyone comes to visit, we can go there if you want.

Corey looking creepy with our food

As I said, today was my roommate Mary's birthday.  Her and some friends went to a mud run they have here every month.  I didn't go, but I saw pictures and it looks like a ton of fun.

A good part of today was spent looking through job postings online.  I came across a few places I'm going to stop by on Monday.

I happened to log into my Facebook this afternoon, and in the current newsfeed there was a posting from Central Casting looking for men and women that looked to be in their 20's-40's.  I mentioned it to Corey and he called the number.  Guess who has a job as a background actor on Monday!!!  :oD 

And, because I forgot to post it before, my awesome homemade Black Bean Soup!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment