Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Driving Day 3

Because of the rain, Friday started as a gloomy day in Oklahoma.


 But we made it to Texas!


We stopped for gas and food  at a rest stop in Texas, where you can still smoke inside.  I'd gotten so used to Michigan's smoking ban that it was really weird walking in and seeing people smoking and ash trays on the tables.

Funny sign in the rest stop restroom

Scenery driving through TX

Corey's car about to enter New Mexico

Scenery in New Mexico
We stopped in Tucumcari, NM for gas, and discovered they had a dinosaur museum.  So of course we checked it out.  Here are a few photos from the adventure.  Facebook friends can see the whole album of 44 if they really want.


It says Jurassic Wrestler, not Boxer
 

???

He was not impressed with Corey's drawing
I managed some pictures while driving through New Mexico, but I really wish I could have stopped every 10 minutes to get out and take pictures.  I also wish the pictures looked as awesome as the scenery actually was.



Sun setting in NM when we stopped for dinner
We made it to Arizona.  Unfortunately it was dark so I missed some of the scenery.  I love AZ.  I went there once in High School and loved it so much I wanted to move there.  Maybe after becoming a famous costume designer, I'll retire to AZ.  Friday night we stayed in Flagstaff, AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment