Saturday, March 30, 2013

4 hours of sleep FTW!

Wednesday night's show was in Louisville, KY. Merch was waaaaaaay in the back, so I got bored during most of the show. Every few songs during Otep's set I'd leave the table for a bit to go up by the crowd to rock out. Despite Kim not throwing a severed limb into the crowd this show, Tristan scraped his shin up. He was trying to show off by jumping off a chair over his merch tub, caught the edge of the tub and fell over, almost knocking his table over. He's fine though.

After the show we had 5 VIPs. We managed to shove them all in the limo. We went around and had everyone introduce themselves and ask Junior, who was pretending to be Kimberly, a question they had always wanted to ask but were afraid. Then they got to listen to some unreleased songs. Then we really needed to sleep and get driving to our next destination so we kicked them all out and left :P

And now, because I'm out of stuff to talk about and I don't have any pictures from that night, I'm going to post pics of your friendly neighborhood Snork that have been floating around Facebook. It's my blog, I'm allowed to be narcissistic :D










Ok, computer battery died before I got that posted and now it's... 2...?  3...?  days later.  Thursday was in Knoxville, TN. I guess last time OED was in Knoxville they were in an area with nothing around.  This time we were in an awesome old downtown-y area with lots of little shops and coffee places around.  We actually got there early for a change, so we grabbed some coffee, food, and did some looking around.  Kimberly and I went to this great little store called Crush (not to be confused with Junior's drum endorsement).  It has a lot of retro and pin-up stuff.  It was tough because we wanted EVERYTHING!  Kim ended up getting a couple of dresses.  I tried on this epic spider dress, but it was the only one they had and it was too big :( I did get a t-shirt and awesome spiked bracelet. 


Despite getting there early, with all the stops we didn't get back to the club until about an hour before doors were supposed to open.  It should have been plenty of time to set up, except Jason ordered more merch and I had 8 boxes of stuff to check in, restock, and reorganize.  Luckily doors were pushed back an hour, because I barely finished getting everything sorted out, and was finishing setting up as people were coming in.  I was in the worst place possible right next to the women's bathroom door that swung outwards.  People couldn't get into the bathroom, and people standing at the table looking at stuff kept getting hit by people leaving the bathroom.  It sucked.  I managed to get things set up, but wasn't dressed or in make-up, so Jason watched the table while I went to the van to get ready.  Mike was in there trying unsuccessfully to take a nap, so I hung out with him to de-stress.  I got my own private Hidalgo Pittman concert.  After a while Mike went to check on the show, and we heard Picture Me Broken playing "Crazy on you" already, so Mike rushed in to get ready to set up for OED and I quick got ready in the van.  Oops...

At one point a guy asked me how much for the spiked bracelet I had bought at Crush.  I told him I had just gotten it that day at a little shop down the street.  He kept asking about it so I gave him the business card I picked up from there.  He really wanted it though, and asked me how much I paid for it.  I told him it was something like $7.50 and he offered me $10 for it.  I told him I didn't know since I had seriously JUST gotten it, and the place was JUST down the road if he wanted to check them out the next day.  Plus, it was just plastic, it wasn't real metal or anything.  I had his girlfriend (the one he was buying it for) feel it to see that it wasn't metal.  She said she loved it SO much and was really excited, so I broke down and sold it to him.  She was SO excited and gave him a huge hug and kiss.  I checked my receipt and it turns out I only paid $7 for it, so I made a $3 profit.  Kim joked that we should have bought all they had and sold them on the table.  It sucks because now I don't have the cool business card or bracelet, but I found their website and maybe I'll find some other cool accessories on the rest of the tour.  We are going to be right across the Manic Panic store in NYC!

We had a bunch of VIPs that night. Roy from the Spartanburg show was there again with his family this time, including adorable 7 year old Trinity!  There was also another Mike who's been reading my blog *waves*  Hi Mike!  Someone got a picture of all of us at Ihop, but they haven't posted it on the OED facebook yet for me to steal and put here :P

That night we drove to Richmond, VA and got a hotel room for the next night.  Motel 6 was sold out, so Mike splurged and paid to get us a room at a nice hotel.  I got a shower for what I think was the first time in 3 days.  I also discovered I'm out of clean underwear and wore my swimming suit for the day.  Those of you who thought I was joking the other day, I wasn't!  Don't worry though, we stopped at a Walgreens after last nights show and I got a pack of clean undies and some new fleece PJ pants :)  Anywho, Kim and Jason slept, but the hotel had internet and I was behind on updating the inventory and REALLY behind on the e-mail list, so I spent the time until we left for the club doing that (as well as stalking Mike's Youtube Page).  It's amazing how many people that sign up on the e-mail list throw 420, 666, or 69 into their e-mail address...  I'm trying very hard not to judge you all :P  :)

Friday night was Norfolk, VA - a Marine town.  We gave away free posters with Military ID and I think they all really appreciated it.  We do what we can for you fans!  We got to the venue late, as always, and I wasn't fully set up before doors open.  I think Junior's trying to see how far he can stress me out before I snap.  But everything got set up, and it ended up being a great night!  I couldn't really see what the crowd was like, but I had a great view of the stage, and all of the bands were super into the show.  I think it was one of the best performances yet.  Sadly I was too far away to get clear pictures :(  OED had never played in this area before, so we made a ton of new fans.  We even had 4 Military boys buy VIP packages and hang out with us after the show.  We also had OED friends Sheriff Lannie, who reads this blog *waves*  HI!!!!, another Mike, and Tito, who will be at a bunch of the upcoming shows as well.  It was a great night for merch since most people didn't have anything OED.  Not only did we hit out bonus goal, but thanks to Tito buying his shirts in advance to help us out, we DOUBLED it!  That means Mike and I get a double bonus!  Plus, it was the best night for merch sales EVER in OED history.  Go Norfolk!  Keep spreading the word about OED so we can come back!

My personalize cup o' tea

VIPs at The Dirty Buffalo
After VIP time we stopped at Walgreens, as previously mentioned, didn't get back to our hotel room until something like 4 or 5 AM.  I was pretty much out as soon as I hit the pillow, and slept like a rock until Junior's alarm went off 4-5 hours later.  We grabbed breakfast quick before they took it down at the super fancy breakfast area, and are now on our way to an interview in Springfield, VA.  The show's crazy early because apparently it's a dance club every Saturday night so we have to be out by 8pm.  My older sister lives near by, but with our inability to get anywhere on time, I probably won't have time to meet up with her :(  But we'll see.  I think we're at the interview, so I'd better update this.  Until next time!

Super fancy breakfast area

No comments:

Post a Comment