Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ed is the best!

I completely forgot to mention last journal that Mr. Swimmy Socks was at the last show! Also, fan Jason who I met at the Whisy A Go-Go show (sadly not in the picture) was there too! He's super awesome and gave us a bunch of food and supplies. Did I mention how awesome he is?

Tonight's show was at the Senator Theater in Chico, CA.


It must have been a beautiful theater back in it's prime.





Another thing I'm excited about is seeing places like this.  The one down side was that the merch was set up outside the theater in the entry way.  Luckily from my spot I could still see inside.  But because I was separated I didn't catch the opening band's name.  Sorry whoever you are!  If you happen to come across this, let me know and I'll give you a plug!  An awesome thing about our set up was that when Otep came out after the show to take pictures, I was pretty much standing right next to her.  Plus all the fans had to pass by out table to leave, and most stopped to talk to Kimberly or pick up some merch!

Look how goooooood our merch looks!
 I still haven't really interacted with Otep yet.  Which is probably good.  I know I wouldn't crazy fan-girl out on her, but I'm sure I'd be all awkward and stupid.  But after being around more, I'll be more comfortable and hopefully just my usual awkward, stupid self.  Mike got to work out with Otep and her band mate today!  That's crazy awesome!

Later that night, doors open, people start filing in, and Ed shows up!!!!!!!


Side note, Ed ran into Kim and Jason at the coffee shop, but neither knew who each other were.  I believe Ed said he eventually realized who K&J were, but didn't tell them who he was in case they spilled the beans to me.  Now let me explain who Ed is.

Way back in 2001, another awesome musician Lennon released her first album.  I quickly became a fan, and spent a lot of time hanging out on her message board.  It was seriously the one place on the internet not full of jerks who hide behind usernames and most rude/mean/annoying comments.  I became friends with a lot of the other regular users, and even though the message board doesn't work anymore, I still keep in touch with a lot of them via Facebook.  Ed is one of those people!  When I first posted going on tour he was sad there wasn't a show near him so we could meet in person after knowing each other for over a decade.  But Ed is such a bad ass that he drove 6 hours from Oregon to come hang out with me at this show!  The rest of you'd better make it out!  (For the millionth time, tour dates can be found here)  And as you can tell by the hoodie he's wearing, Ed is now a fan of One-Eyed Doll!  So that's why Ed's the best and you all suck right now!  :oP

Well, we're getting close to WalMart and I'm ready for bed!  It is almost 5am!  G'night!  Er...  Morning?  Whatever...   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment