Friday, March 22, 2013

"Day off"

Thursday was a "day off."  For those of us with out a full time driver, that meant taking turns driving part of the 14 hour drive from TX to Florida.  Kim and I were lucky and Mike and Junior took turns driving.  I'm pretty sure Otep's driver just drove straight through, and they got to spend a whole day off in Pensacola, FL.

We stopped in New Orleans on our way.  We walked around a bit, did some shopping, and got some food.  I bought a cute little gold top hat and black and yellow tutu to match.  Once I find something to wear on my legs that matches, they'll probably make an appearance behind the merch table at a show, or several.  Mike got a cool drawing of a woman that also looks like a skull.  We ate at the Napoleon House Bar & Cafe.

I'm a sucker for taking pictures of pretty flowers

Bourbon street one way

Bourbon street the other way
Found this on a sign!

Leaving New Orleans, right side of the limo
 
Leaving New Orleans, left side of the limo

We attempted to stop in Mobile, AL at the Mercedes dealership for an oil change, but we got there right at 5 when the technicians leave.  So, we continued on.

Ship I saw on our way out
I got to ride up front the rest of the way and talked with Mike or Junior depending on who was driving.  Middle of the night, quiet, intimate, getting to know you conversations are the best.  Plus it's a good way to pass the time.  Eventually after our long drive/ride we arrived at the castle of Artix (Adventure Quest)!  It is epic!  For his privacy I'm not going to post pictures.  We pretty much each got our own room and bathroom though, and Kimberly even has her own custom decorated room there.  There's a little moat the goes the house outside, and everything inside and out is so cool!!!  After a pretty good night's sleep (once I stopped coughing), Kim, Junior, and Mike were rocking out on Atrix's drums and guitars while I danced around.  I have some pictures from that I'll post sometime.  I even have rare video of Ms. Freeman playing the drums!  But I'm keeping that for my own personal memories :P  Sorry guys!  Over all I'm super bummed that we couldn't play there all day, but after the Tampa show tonight, before Jacksonville tomorrow, we get to stay there again!  :D :D :D 

Before heading out to the show, we stopped by Crush Drums to pick up some stuff, have some photos taken, and sip some AMAZING espresso.  I'll have to post those photos later too.  For now, check out our photo on their facebook page!  Well, gotta go do our thing!  \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment