Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Killing Time

Saturday at 3:30 I was done with work until I get back from tour.  I don't leave until Wednesday afternoon.  So, I've had a lot of time to try to keep myself busy.  Luckily the weather has been beautiful. We had a few 80 degree days, one of which I wore a dress and a butterfly in my hair.


I also learned that a box of Girl Scout cookies costs $4.  Guess who had exactly $4 on her.

Damn you cute little girls and your delicious cookies!
 My car title came!  So I don't have to worry about that anymore!

I've also been doing a lot of cooking and baking.  I've made:

Chickpea Curry

Tiramisu and Nutella Cupcakes

More Cranberry Walnut Bread - No post cooking photo because I've been too busy eating it.
I also went out to my car one day to find this note on my windshield.


Then tonight I happened to remember it and asked Mary if she was still trying to sell her old car and showed her it.  She said Frank was the name of the guy that kept trying to buy her car, but wouldn't show up when they planned to meet.  She quick looked up his number, and it's the same guy!  We did a little google searching, and it seems like this guy buys cars and then turns around and sells them.  It was really weird that he'd been talking to Mary then happened to stick a note on my car.  He had no idea where we lived either because Mary purposely planned to meet him in a public parking lot.  Weird!

Other than all of that, it's just been triple checking to make sure I have everything I need, everything (rent, bills, etc.) is taken care of, picking up some last minute things, etc.  And just hanging out trying not to get too excited.  Oh, and fighting off what it trying to be a cold.  My nose started randomly running, just in the evenings, this weekend.  But sleep, immunity boosting stuff, tons of water, and eating a ton of fruit and healthy stuff has been keeping it from turning into a full blown cold.  Whatever it is, it's almost gone.  Just a bit stuffy.  Hopefully this is the last of it and I'll stay healthy the rest of the tour.  I'm bringing my zicam and immunity stuff with my just in case!

So, that's it!  Tomorrow's the day they pick me up!  After this entry, it'll be me typing from the road!

1 comment:

  1. YAY. Nice pict of you! :) Good luck on the road and have a great tour.

    ReplyDelete