Wednesday, March 27, 2013

On the road to Louisville

Tuesday night's show was at an interesting little venue called Ground Zero in Spartanburg, SC . I'd heard it called a shack, cardboard box, etc. It really was a little tiny hole in the wall place. We attempted to set up merch in the back, but since OED is main support, they had us set up right next to Otep's merch. Which meant I was pretty much IN the crowd. Kim and Jason were concerned for my safety, apparently when they had played here before the crowd/pit got crazy and almost knocked the tables over. So I wasn't allowed to be at the table when bands were preforming. I stood in back and ate my dinner, or hung out in the warm van (for some reason South Carolina was FREEZING!) while Jason manned the table. I didn't get to see ANY of OED this show because I was in the van :( It's a good thing I wasn't behind the table because at one point during Otep someone did smash into some of the tables, knocking things everywhere and smashing beer bottles on the floor.

After the show we had 12, TWELVE!!! VIPs. Most of them were the same ones from the last show, but it's cool that they all drove the 2 hours to come see OED again. :) We hung out at a Waffle House because it was the only place open that late. We saw Picture Me Broken heading out as we were settling in.  Since it was such a big group it was hard to talk to everyone, so sorry those of you I didn't really meet.  The VIP that sat at my table drove all the way from Baltimore!  Holy cow!  Sounds like he's going to be at the Knoxville show too, with family this time.  I may have to con you into buying more VIP badges :P  :)

Well, I have a little bit of time before we get to Louisville and the internet is actually working for the time being (Thank you Mike!), so I'm going to do a bit of rambling for you. Feel free to ignore me :)

I'm getting pretty good at doing my make-up in the limo.  Rushing to the venue at the last minute leaves little time to get ready, and once doors open, I'm pretty much stuck behind the table.  So I've started changing and doing my make-up on the road.  I have yet to stab myself in the eye with an eyeliner pencil, and I've even managed to make my swirls look even and not like my entire body was shaking while I was doing them. 

Blerg.  I'm tired of looking at my computer screen, so I think I'm done.  No pictures this blog, I'll have to try harder to night.  Until next time, Snork out!  *salutes* 

No comments:

Post a Comment