Sunday, March 31, 2013

Nyan nyan nyan nyan

I need to start this entry with an apology/correction.  Our super awesome VIP fan for the next few shows is named Tino, not Tito.  I heard it wrong when I was half asleep Friday.  Sorry >.<  Moving on.

Saturday night's show was in Springfield, VA.  I never did manage to meet up with my sister before or after, but I'm sure I'll see her some other time.  I'm still surprised when people ask me if I'm Kimberly's sister, think I'm Kim, and/or ask if my make-up is a tattoo.  It's happened a lot, and will probably happen a lot more, but it still amazes me for some reason.

The venue was small and PACKED!  I had a great view of the stage, but it was insanely warm.  Also, despite having good lighting, my pictures still turned out blurry.  I did manage to get one decent photo.  Kim climbed on top of a speaker near the merch tables so I ran over to snap a pic.  The flash ruined it by lighting up the area in front of her and leaving her in the dark, but it's better than blurry.



Kim was super engaging with the crowd too.  Not only did she do her signature playing in the crowd, but she reached out into the crowd at several points and the fans were so excited to reach out and touch her.  Her interaction with fans is part of what makes her so amazing.  Unfortunately the club had an event going on after the concert, so they kicked us out early, but Kim hung around outside meeting fans and signing things.  Junior and I had to pull her away before she caught pneumonia.  That night we had a bunch of VIPs.  I missed most of the VIP time because I was helping Mike and Tino load the limo, but they were all amazing people.  Another great thing about VIP sessions is when fans ask Kim and Jr questions and I learn things and hear stories that I'd never heard before.

Luckily because the show was early and they kicked us out early, the VIP session got done early so we could start our 4-5 hour drive to NYC.  We drove through DC at night which was cool because 1) There was no traffic and 2) I got to see the Washington monument and stuff all lit up at night.  I didn't have time to get my camera out, and from the limo it probably would have turned out blurry anyway.

At some point after getting out of DC, we needed a potty break.  Something you've probably never thought about - it's really hard to find a place that's open 24 with a bathroom when you're driving through the middle of nowhereville at 1am.  It especially sucks when someone REALLY has to pee.  We finally found a crusty gas station with one bathroom, and you had to get the key from the guy at the counter.

We were supposed to stay at the house of Patrick Kendall, director of the Committed music video, in NYC that night, but Kim thought maybe we shouldn't since we're all sick.  So we stayed at a Motel 6 somewhere near by.  After not really sleeping the night before, I fell asleep pretty much as soon as we got there, and slept for what I think was 8-9 hours!  Even if it wasn't that long, it felt great!  I got a shower as well :)  Oh the little things!  And now, we're on our way to NYC.  Running late, of course, but we should get there a couple of hours before doors, so I won't be as stressed out.  Too bad we don't have more time in NYC :(  But I'm looking forward to being in NYC, seeing Webster Hall, and meeting some OED fans I only know online - Hi Becca!!!!!  *waves*

Nyan cat on our VIP board

No comments:

Post a Comment