Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SLC Metal!!!

Holy cow Salt Lake City! Who would have known the Mormon capital on a Tuesday night would be the best crowd yet! You went crazy at the merch table and we're sold out of some stuff now. A heads up to anyone coming to shows in the future, if you're thinking about getting something, get it while you can! We can order more stuff, but who know when we'll have it in stock again. Also, we take credit/debit cards :D

The night before we drove straight through the night with Junior and Mike taking shifts sleeping and drive. I had issues sleeping and felt out of it the beginning of the day. I don't know how they manage only getting small amounts of sleep here and there. At one point I woke up as the sun was rising and saw these beautiful mountains.




The concert was awesome!  I missed the first 2 opening bands because I was eating dinner and hanging out with Kimberly, sorry if that was you.  Let me know and I'll mention you some other time.  As mentioned at the beginning, the crowd was AWESOME!  OED has never played in SLC before and we weren't sure what to expect.  But the place was packed and everyone was really into the show.  In fact, everyone was so excited to meet Kim after they played that they rushed the table and I swear a couple of guys were going to completely knock it over!

From where we had the table set up I also had a great view of the show.  We were talking the other day about how Kim is so awesome that she can not only play guitar while singing, but while whipping her hair around, kicking over her head, and crowd surfing.  From where I was, I managed to get this video if it as proof.  (audio quality kind of sucks, but that just means you'll have to come see them live to get the full experience!)



As always, Otep was amazing as well.  I'm not sure what happened, but at one point Otep thinks she broke her foot.  She still finished the show, did and encore, AND still came out for photos and autographs.  Being a fan of hers and seeing her live I knew she was hardcore, but she really is one tough cookie!  Kim talked to Tristan and it sounds like she's done tours with broken feet before, so the tour's still on!


So far on this tour I've been mistaken for Kimberly or asked if I was her sister a few times, asked for my autograph twice even though I'm just the merch girl, and last night a guy kissed my hand. I've also seen everything from super nice, clean, well lit venue bathrooms, to dark, dirty green rooms that you have to walk outside past waiting fans to get to.  I've slept terribly, and was completely out last night.  Roadie Mike is threatening to post a photo he took of me completely conked out in his blog.  Last night I ripped my stripped tights and possible lost my Bettie Page t-shirt, spiked collar, and handmade chokers  *cries* :(  But overall this has been an amazing experience and I don't know if I'm going to be able to go back to having a "real" job.

These next few days are going to be rough, so please forgive me if I'm not able to write for a while. The shows are pretty spread out. Once we get done, pack up, and hang out with VIPs it's usually 2am or later. Then we have to figure out who's awake enough to start the 10 hour drive while everyone else sleeps. Plus, heading East we're losing hours.

Speaking of VIPs, we had 2 super awesome VIPs in Salt Lake City, Tim & Cody (aka Nick and Corey).  If they happen to read this, hi guys!  *waves*  Plus, it sounds like we a have a few more tonight!  :D  YAY!!!!!

Well, we're running late on our way to the next venue, so I think I'm going to see if I can get my make-up and stuff done in the limo.  BYE!!!!

DINOSAURS!!!!  *RWAR*

Wyoming

No comments:

Post a Comment